Marketing is about the creation and exchange of value. The consumer and business user determine what really constitutes value. Marketing and sales personnel facilitate the exchange. marketing follows and is congruent with organizational strategy and mission. The strategic goals, planning and execution process of marketing should support the same process that occurs for the entire organization at the top level.
Video Oneline: Amazon Rising. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llA3-K_VpS0
1. How did Amazon change shopping by changing the value proposition for the consumer?
2. What is Amazon’s value proposition?
3. How did Amazon’s strategy differ from other companies at the time it started? rose to power? now at the present time?
4. Is Amazon’s strategy of 1 – 2 hour delivery achievable? sustainable?
Nike Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwXRX4jkSlc
1. How does Nike promote value in their custom tennis shoes?
2. Do you believe that the Nike tennis shoe has value for the price?
3. Do $300 tennis shoes, $1000 purses and other luxury items have value equivalent to their price tag?
4. What ethical concerns do you have regarding Nike, it’s policies and strategies? Amazon? (same question question 4)