Discussion (Read Chapter 6 and Chapter 8)
Answer two of the following questions. (each one is 150 words) (Total 300 words)
1. According to Sternheimer, in what ways has sex been a controversial issue in American popular culture for nearly 100 years? When did politicians first begin calling for government censorship of Hollywood, and for what reasons, including those having nothing to do with sex? Do you believe that Hollywood films still represent sexuality in distorted ways, especially when compared to films from other countries? How so?
2. Discuss the recent controversy over teen “sexting.” What are some of the key underlying fears, and what actual evidence supports or undermines these concerns? How does present teen sexual activity compare to decades past, and what demographic patterns seem to exist?
3. What arguments are presented linking popular culture to obesity, particularly advertising and television, and why does Sternheimer find this connections more complicated than they appear? What other socioeconomic factors may play a greater role?
4. What are some of the possible links between the fashion industry and eating disorders such as bulimia and anorexia? What other factors does the author propose as greater indicators in girls’ lives? In your own experience, to what degree do you believe media and popular culture influence our perceptions of our bodies and beauty as a whole? Do you think that advertisers and the fashion industry bear a responsibility to promote a greater diversity of each?
Discussion board responses will be graded according to the following criteria:
1.Content and Development (Total points: 30)
a. Post addresses the issue(s) raised: 10 Points
b. Post length is substantive: 10 Points (Well-formed, thoughtful, and detailed responses/commentaries to discussion questions and classmate postings. Minimum total of 300 words written per week.)
c. Post references assigned material: 10 Points
2. Mechanics (Total points: 20) a. Rules of spelling, grammar, usage, and punctuation are followed: 20 Points
3. Readability and Style (Total points: 10) a.Sentences are complete, clear, and concise, and the tone is appropriate to the content and assignment: 10 Points
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post discussion 2503 appeared first on The Nursing Hub.