Having a thorough project schedule, which is continually monitored and updated, is critical for a project to be successful. This assignment will build off the Unit 2 WBS and personnel chart that you created in Microsoft Project. Please open that file and proceed with the below tasks. Note you may want to review and incorporate feedback from your instructor from Unit 2 prior to completing this assignment. There are also instructions in the Unit 2 Project that tell you how you can download and install MS Project at no charge.
Prior to starting the assignment please watch the following videos:
- How to add in predecessors to your project (Links to an external site.)
- Critical Path (Links to an external site.)
- Project Resource Leveling (Links to an external site.)
Now that you have watched the videos, complete the following:
- Project Schedule
- Set the beginning date to your project to the current date and then add in the predecessors to each of the tasks. Note you do not need to put predecessors on the heading or groupings â€“ just the tasks where work is performed. You will see the dates will automatically update based on the durations that you populated from Unit 2.
- The goal here is to allow project to automatically compute the project timeline and end date for you.
- Critical Path
- Now show the critical tasks in Microsoft Project.
- In the Gantt chart view, set to show the Critical Path.
- Summarize in a Word document what tasks are part of the critical path.
- Resource Constraints/Leveling
- Your project may or may not have resource constraints. A resource constraint would be called out by the red icon to the left of the task. This will commonly happen if you have multiple tasks occurring in the same timeframe, yet the assigned resources do not have enough time within that timeframe to complete the work.
- Take a moment to write down the project end date and total duration.
- Complete resource leveling by choosing â€œLevel allâ€ under the Resource tab
- Did your project end date change? By how much? Offer a couple sentences within a Word document as to why the project end date did or did not change.
Ensure to submit your Project file and your Word file for grading.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post implementing patient portals 1 appeared first on The Nursing Hub.