Modern aircraft such as the Boeing 787 are full of technology including advanced avionics, a fiber optic data bus for networking, and high tech in-flight entertainment systems (IFE).
This assignment requires you to explore an aviation-related network security topic and report your findings using the PowerPoint presentation tool. To begin, select one of the topics below (in bold font) and review the sample materials to gather background information. Alternatively, you may opt to select a different topic related to aviation network security and will then need to research additional sources.
Here are some example topics and useful sources to get you started. Be sure to research at least one additional reference.
Wireless network security for customers using in-flight WiFi services
- Aircraft Router Basics and In-Cabin Wi-Fi (gogoair.com) (Links to an external site.)
- Gogo Inflight WiFi Boosts Security with Bug Bounty Program (eWeek) (Links to an external site.)
- In-Flight WiFi? Not So Safe. (Centurylink.com) (Links to an external site.)
Security of the on-board network used by the avionics, navigation and control systems
- DHS Led Team Demonstrates That Commercial Aircraft Can Be Remotely Hacked (DefenseDaily.com) (Links to an external site.)
- FAA Needs a More Comprehensive Approach to Address Cybersecurity As Agency Transitions to NextGen (gao.gov) (Links to an external site.)
- How can airlines stop hackers pwning planes over the air? And don’t say ‘regular patches’ (The Register)
Create an original presentation using PowerPoint. The following bullets will help you get started.
- Define the issue(s). Provide background information.
- Detail and explain the security aspect in full. What are the risks and what safeguards are in place (or should be)?
- What does the future hold? What changes are needed?
- Cover slide
- Presentation title and name of presenter.
- Include an image or interesting background image.
- Introduction typed out within slide notes. This includes a statement of what the presentation is to be about. Watch the following video for tips on using Notes in PowerPoint.
PowerPoint 2016 Tutorial: Using Slide Notes in PowerPoint (YouTube – 4:25) (Links to an external site.)
- 4-5 content slides
- Use slide design best practices (Links to an external site.).
- Include a minimum of three images. Avoid use of grainy images or those with small text.
- Verbal content that is to be spoken needs to be written out within the slide notes on each slide. The verbal content within the slide notes should be no less than 5 minutes (what you would say if you delivered it in person).
- Summary slide
- Key points are reinforced – this is similar to a conclusion.
- Avoid use of complete sentences on the slide – use the slide notes for these.
- References slide
- Should appear similar to how the references are shown above.
- One of the references must be one you researched and be less than a year old.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post module 7 assignment aviation network security presentation powerpoint appeared first on The Nursing Hub.